Heating and AC systems could eventually stop working as efficiently as they should. With regular usage, hoses may clog and drip which can cause reduced heating and cooling capabilities.
There are some clues that you can watch for that will warn you that your system may not be working as well as it should.
- Air that smells damp and musty
- Air blowing from the vents which is not much cooler than the outside temperature
- Vehicle fails to warm up inside during cold temperatures
- The defroster works slowly or does not operate at all
- System does not work when the vehicle is running but stopped
- Heat blows cold, and/or AC blows warm
- Maximum fan setting only allows low airflow
A comprehensive evaluation of your heating and AC systems can have you on your way to a more comfortable ride.